Simeon has released a significant change to how we handle Service Principal Authentication. This change impacts all tenants installed onto Simeon and requires user action. We ask that all Simeon users inform themselves of what is changing and what action is required. We have developed an FAQ that outlines why this change is happening, what changes can be expected, and what action you will need to take to ensure a seamless transition for all of your tenants.
In summary, the following can be expected as a result of this change:
- All tenants will pend approval to deploy or update the Simeon service principal. Your tenants will continuously pend approval until these changes have been approved and successfully deployed.
- Service Principal Authentication will now be installed by default for all new tenants. Users can now choose only between Delegated Authentication and Service Account Authentication for configuration types that do not support Service Principal.
- The installation process for Delegated Authentication has been simplified. Users will be presented with only one code to complete the installation with Delegated Authentication.
- All existing tenants that were previously installed with Service Principal Authentication will pend approval to update the properties on the Simeon Cloud Sync Application API.
- All existing tenants that were not installed with Service Principal Authentication will pend approval to add the new Simeon Cloud Sync enterprise application, along with a Simeon Cloud Sync App Registration and a Simeon Cloud Sync Application API.
If you have any questions about this change, please refer to our FAQ for guidance. If you still have any questions or concerns, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Fixes and Improvements: The Simeon team is always hard at work for you!
- [Improvement] A new change type has been added to our Power BI dataset, allowing users to query Log Analytics for configurations that fail to Sync
- [Improvement] The library variable AadAuth:UseCustomApplication is now available for clients using a custom service principal with Simeon
- [Improvement] Reconcile now displays a configuration type selector, allowing users to view specific configuration types only
- [Fix] Resolved an issue where some Syncs could error due to Device Registration Policies
- [Fix] Ensured that syncing Targeted Managed Apps does not fail when using Service Principal Authentication
- [Fix] Resolved an issue with Distribution Group naming when applying a Sync filter
- [Fix] Ensure that Syncing Organization Localizations does not fail if the usernameHintText property is empty
- [Fix] Resolved an issue where deploying Mailboxes could incorrectly use the GUID instead of the mailbox name
Thanks for Reading
Let us know how we can improve these updates and our platform by emailing us.